Illinois Governor’s Office (COO)
Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for developing and directing the State’s economic recovery efforts following the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Managed the oversight of all State agencies involved in the economic recovery.
Major Operations Management Accomplishments:
- Directed the State’s implementation of President Obama’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, ensuring that spending had unprecedented levels of accountability while achieving significant economic impact.
- Managed the State’s implementation of a $31 billion capital program across multiple State agencies.
Major Policy and Legislative Accomplishments:
- Worked to develop and pass the State’s first capital bill in 10 years and the largest in State history.
- Worked to pass a convention incentive fund to attract and retain conventions at McCormick Place.
- Oversaw the development of the first-ever, long-term power purchase agreement for renewable energy for Illinois.
Major Economic Development Accomplishments:
- Led the Governor’s business development efforts to retain major companies, such as Ford, Chrysler, Mitsubishi and Navistar through special legislation creating and saving thousands of jobs.
- Enhanced the Governor’s outreach efforts to more than 100 business CEO’s and top executives.